Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Saturday Night.

Last night was great. Headley picked me up and we went to the Homy Inn for drinks because he said people were meeting us there. I said that we should go to Kevin's house because everybody's over there. He insisted we stay for drinks, so we did. No one showed up, but Chris Engles was there. Then Ted, his brother, came with Cat.

We left later and went to Kevin & Larrisa's house. Justin, Nicole, Zack, his wife, Nate Strochota, Robert, & Steve were all there. Their house has an awesome basement. Justin & Headley both lost a lot of weight, as they've been working out a lot.

It seems that whenever we get into Omaha, the Stay Awake are playing. We passed the show the other night on the Greyhound. Bombardment Society headlined the show. I read Rollins journal entry for the Omaha show. The day we came into town, if we drove by Sokol, he was in the parking lot.

Today, apparently, there's a softball game at the park that was arranged by Trey, so I guess it's the Brother's team and whoever shows up. Charlie's engagement party is today.

Bob Dylan has a new album. Heard some tracks. It sounds great.

Another dilemma I've been thinking about being on the road is buying records. I think once we get an apartment and have my stereo set up, I could still buy records and burn them to minidiscs when we have home time. But until then, I don't know. I'd hate to have to buy it on CD just so I can listen to it and then have to buy it on vinyl later. It'll be great, though. Going to record shops and used book stores all over the nation. Thrift shops as well. There's a great coffee maker I want to get for our truck.

I hate the Kansas City Greyhound station. I hate all of them, but that one never fails to fuck things up. Omaha's as well. I like how it's right in the middle of crack & prostitute avenue. Which is weird since it's right next to a prison.

Bill Hoover is opening for the Violent Femmes.

The Protoculture got back together. Right after we moved. Koly kept telling me they were and he was working on some unrealeased songs that he needed to record and I was looking forward to it, but it never came together until after I moved. I hope they record. I hope they stay together so I can see them live. Koly was supposed to meet up last night.

Oh, I talked to Vince last night as well. Gonna meet up with him when we're in Frisco. Gotta get ready for the party.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home