Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, December 27, 2015

"...'got to get the fuck out of here!'"

Alexander Payne came to Ted and Wally's yesterday. I had several things going through my head at the time because I do not like talking to especially well-known people unless I have something of value to contribute. Which, at a superficial level, is why I want to have my zine. I would like to have it on-hand to give to people and ones of a certain social-caliber I can ask for a quick interview without being - seemingly - intrusive.

So I'm standing there wondering whether or not to talk about the Desendents (movie, not the band). He asks for a sample of grape sherbet and vanilla bean. I give it to him. Order goes through and on and on and on...("falling down..."). The order comes to $9 and he gives me a ten and tells me to put the change in the tip jar. Now, this is important. It does not matter whether its $.01 or $10 to put in or whether his attitude comes from Conor Oberst doing the musical score on his Warren Buffet movie, but the fact is based on our societal situation and what tips mean, he acknowledged this and that means more and gives him more cred, to me, than any other thing. Even though current cultural influences and the likes helped his decision...in my opinion.

His female companion was about to drop her trash in the rock-salt deal but he stopped her, explaining why and asked me, "Where are your trash cans for this since these aren't for those?" Now, should I go into depth about how...no, I told him where. Am I growing up?

So this is where my zine comes into play. I want to have some on hand to give to people and ask for an impromptu interview and not feel awkward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home