Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Newberry Springs, CA

It's hot as fuck here! I have no air conditioning in this truck. I should've stopped in Boron, CA but thought I'd get to Barstow and hit up the truck stop there. But since fucking Cali doesn't have mile markers, I didn't know if it was south or north of where I ended up and it ended up nowhere in sight so I had to trudge on and am now in Newberry Springs, CA at a truckstop in the backlot where there was a pitbull running loose and no trucks but me. I also have no phone service, but that's because I've got goddamn T-Mobile (hopefully switching to Verizon soon).

If I stopped when I thought to stop, I could've showered. No shower here, so I'll have to incorporate it in my drive tomorrow. Probably in New Mexico.

The truck, on top of having no air conditioning, is having trouble on inclines. It's gotten better but yesterday I had to cliimb up 7% grades or more for 8-10 miles at a time and the "check engine" light kept coming on. It was doing that on small inclines earlier and then I had to go through these really nice mountain passes on the eastbound Highway 58 and it was just non-stop, ridiculous inclines and the "check engine" light kept popping up. I'm going to call the roadside guys tomorrow when I stop to shower because I've got lots of tough mountains coming up as I go through Arizona, New Mexico, Tennessee, and Virginia. Some of those aren't tough mountains, but in this current condition they are.

I hate going to places and having people stare at me. I don't mind them looking at me, but people always fucking stare. I mean, it's just plain rude and uncomfortable. Like they can't just look for a few seconds and turn away or whatever. It's like I enter the room and they turn and look. And they won't stop looking even when I make eye contact and stare back at them and I end up turning away because it's just so uncomfortable. I just really feel like going up to them and smacking them.

I'm outs. Gonnna eat and watch a movie.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home