Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Random Thoughts

There's been a rash of great shows in Omaha recently all of which I've missed due to no cash, one of them being Built To Spill. Really upset about missing that one.

Currently listening to "Rainy Night In Soho" from the Pogues and reading Jimmy Carter's "Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis." I really want to read "Palestine: Peace Not Aparthied."

Recently been listening to a lot of The Fall and Nick Cave I saw on threeoneg's website that there's a compilation of the "Release the Bats album - exciting but may be bad....that album's good as it is. Rollins played an NME-only release from like '86 which the Bad Seeds lineup did a cover of Screamin' Jay Hawkins' "I Put A Spell On You" which is fucking great...much better than the other versions.

I've also been realizing how (even though I hate him with a passion) Wordsworth and all those Romantacists (sp) felt about the Industrial Revolution with this whole technology shift these days. I keep a journal and write often but what happened to writing actual letters and receiving them. We were watching "John Adams" the other night and talked about missing correspondence between different people, especially during courtship and stuff.

I have lots of reasons for getting an iPod and needless to say, I thought way too hard about it and I like having one. The one thing I know I'll never concede to is digital books and newspaper. Nothing can take the place of having in hand a newspaper or a book and I will never feel right having a digital version. I listen to audio books and don't like those.

I hate that the gym is so packed. I'm trying to force myself to wake up at 6am to go to the gym.

"I chose D: create the G-Child."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home