Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stupid People

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think that most people don't like lines. I'm rather efficient with how I handle lines like limiting choices, serving people in groups or getting someone who knows what they'd like, steering them in a direction thus minimizing their undecisiveness, etc. People just seem to not understand how things can work better. But then again, these are the same morons who try to drive all fast and what they think is effective and efficient but they're the ones causing the backups and whatever.

Anyway, it's part of the thing with people who wait till the last moment possible to pull out their wallet while holding their ice cream or like today.

Line to the door and I'm freezing ice cream so I have to jump back and forth. Like I said, I can usually move through customers pretty well then I get this family. First their asking questions. No problem there. They ask about the banana split. I tell them it comes with three scoops or their choice and three toppings - at which point I point to the menu in front of them and show them the syrups and candies and nuts - of their choice, with whipped cream and cherries. Sounds good to them.

Let me also say that at this point they've been in the line and waiting for about five to seven minutes. So they take this opportunity to start deciding what flavors we have and to taste some. This is now about three minutes into this ordeal. I can usually run through a group or at least two people by now. They finally decide on the flavors. I should also point out that once they said they wanted this I told them again it comes with three flavors and I then went to get the banana and cut it and put it in the boat and came back and then they started asking about the flavors.

So I get to scooping and while I'm doing that I ask them what three topppings they'd like. I get the scoops on and look up. They're trying to figure out where the toppings are - even though I had pointed to them earlier. We're now six minutes into this order. They finally decide and I get it together. I start handing it to them and they're all happy and I ask if there's anything else. Nope. So I take his card and walk to the register. They do want something else.

I ask what it is they'd like to add on and it's an iced coffee. Would you like some cream with that. The lady walked away so we don't know and she finally comes back and says yes. So I charge them for it and he signs for it. Then she asks to get a small bag of popcorn. No, the large one. So I have to run the credit card again. This is now 10 minutes into this order. I should mention that there is a line to the door. And this is for a husband/wife team and their kid and it's taken this long. That's either going to be one stupid kid or a pretty awesome one who realize what dumb shits his parents are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home