Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Boo-ya!

Still in Omaha. We woke up at six thirty this morning and called a cab to go to the palatial Omaha Greyhound station for a 9am departure. After the $40 cab ride we got our tickets to Denver and waited. And waited. Only to be told four and half hours later that the bus was full and we'd have to come back for the 8:45pm bus, which is all right for me because I'd like nothing more than not doing nothing on a Sunday. I just wished I hadn't had to wake up so goddamn early and waste $40. We could've gone out for breakfast or something.

Speaking of that, on the way to the Greyhound, we passed Leavenworth Cafe and I thought I saw Drew there with a table of four. I used to go to there with Drew every Monday morning for their early bird special with Dilley. This is the thing I hate about coming to Omaha; I just get so homesick and it just makes it harder to go back to trucking.

It's not so much the missing Omaha and the people here, though both are really great. It's the fact that we're stuck in a situation that's just been really depressing recently and it's making me miss having some routines in my life like having an end to the day and looking forward to doing something after work. Like no matter how bad work goes, you have an end of the day.

It has, however, made me appreciate the simple things in life that I had and that I shouldn't be wasting my time like I used to. I need to prioritize (sp) my life and start moving forward. I've realized this before, but I've had all these debts and unfortunate events go on, but I've still had some opportunities in between all that to do something and just kept saying that I'm in debt and have all these problems, but I'll get out of it someday and just kept being semi-complacent. Now I haven't even the time to do the little things I could to get moving.

Well, I'm working at it. I think a lot has to do with the weather. I can't wait till winter is over.

Anyway, today worked out fine since there's a "Monk" marathon on today. I should be catching up on some sleep but, oh well.

I get like this before I go back to work because I know that I'll have to head to Denver or be sent the usual, miserable route between Denver and Seattle. I'm actually a little excited to get back knowing that we don't have to go in that area anymore, but we still have to go to Denver to get our truck and we still have to take a Greyhound there and catching the Greyhound, out of the Omaha terminal, no less, is just as exciting as...

...while trucking through the bad areas and being depressed and stressed out and broke and all that and thinking of quitting, I always think about the horrible experiences on the Greyhound and thought that I'd rather be in that horrible situation than driving through all this shit. Then you get to the Greyhound station and want to kill yourself and everyone else.

I'm all for just going full force now so we can get some money saved up for an apartment and car and try to get a local driving job. I hope winter ends soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home