Email


No Train. No Life!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Denver, CO

I posted something the other day but apparently it didn't. It was from Princeton, IL. We spent the weekend there and had a pick up on Monday from Chicago. We could've gone to Chicago and hung there the weekend with Jeff and Margaret, but I didn't want to spend time driving there and not finding space at a truck stop and drive back or something. Also, had to do laundry and shower and charge up laptop, minidisc player, cell phone, and DVD player since all but one adapter outlet in our truck is out. One of the evergoing series of electrical problems our truck has.

Anyway, we're in Denver and our truck is in the shop again. I don't mind as long as we're out before it snows again. The road to our terminal and the terminal itself isn't plowed. It's just huge patches of black ice that's like a foot high and craggy and slippery. It's not good being that 80,o00 lb. trucks drive through and slide around through the streets and in the terminal. It's not good and I don't see why they don't see this as a problem.

The plan is that we will look for a Uhaul and hopefully transfer to the Edwardsville, MO (or Kansas?) terminal. It'll be all good then. We're also moving our stuff to Omaha. It's more accessible than Boulder.

I really wish we didn't have this debt and could quit soon. We have May to look forward to where Jeanne can quit and I can just drive solo with her along, so we can actually stop at night and sleep and hang out and stuff.

I just found out that Kevin Smith isn't doing Fletch, Won anymore with Jason Lee and some chump who does Scrubs is doing it. Also, someone else from that show is playing Fletch. I checked it out and even though Garden State was a good movie and I think he'll be okay as Fletch, fucking no one could play Fletch as well as Jason Lee. He's still the one I see when I read the novels. And Kevin Smith...how could you go wrong with him?

I just listened to Rollins spoken word on Joe Cole's death. Fucking strong. His Stallone impression is funny as fuck. "I was pulled out by a monkey wrench and that's why half my face doesn't work." The "LA Riots" thing was funny as well, especially the computer store. The funniest shit, though, was on "Live From the Conversation Pit," and the, "This is Henry!" thing.

I wish I had something better to blog, but this is what you're getting.

Stopped in Omaha last night. I hate it. I always get homesick and miss all the family and friends and want to quit when I go there.

I need new music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret of MargaretAndJeff said...

Our apartment has laundry facilities, a shower, and several electrical outlets. You and Jeannie are welcome anytime.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home