Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Denver, CO - terminal

Our truck is waiting to be fixed again. We're setting up our Uhaul to move stuff from Boulder to Omaha. Hope it works out. We'll probably have just enough to do it.

Been going through a lot of emotional stuff recently. I've been missing my family and friends and just having a normal life. I don't mind the trucking around, but I wish that we could stop for the night and just relax and sleep. I don't like having to have to drive around all the time and try to sleep while the other is driving through bad weather between midnight and four in the morning.

Talked to our driver/manager today and it seems to be all cool now. More on that later, maybe.

Be back. Gonna get another cup of bad coffee.

One bad thing with trucking is the endless cups of bad coffee you're left to deal with. Once in a while you'll get a good one, but you'd think that they'd have good, strong coffee for the drivers, being that they're driving on the road and you'd want to perk them up. But they all have this uber week, dirty water that they pose as coffee. Like they had a batch of good coffee twenty years ago and they keep re-using the same grounds and filter.

Some places even high highly caffienated coffee, but all it is is almost regular coffee. And it messes up your stomach.

I've been trying to put a bunch of movies on minidisc but not having good luck doing it. Our DVD player is so sensitive that the slightest bump makes it reload again and again and being on a truck the bumps are never ending. I have Angels & Demons on CD but it's a CD-ROM, which is dumb because they don't put that on the cover and that seems to me to be a very important thing to put on there. But what do I know? I'm just a cynical, over-opinionated asshole.

I needed to correct a blog I made a while ago. I mentioned reading the back cover of Angels & Demons and thought it was dumb that Dan Brown was making a prequel to Da Vinci Code on account of its success. Little did my ignorant ass know that it had already been out for a long time and Da Vinci Code is the sequel to Angels & Demons.

Dan Brown: 1/Brett: 0

It's supposed to snow here in Denver in the next couple of days. I would like to get out of here before then. They say it's not going to be as bad as the previous ones. The accumulation of those were about three feet. That means that this "not so bad one" could be two feet and be considered "not as bad." I don't like putting snow chains on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home