Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ongoing Asian Thing Part 38?

So on the bus ride home, I'm reading the paper and have my earphones in my ears. I'm not listening to anything, but I do this to not have to talk to anyone. This black dude with a cane comes on and sits across from me. I'm still reading the paper. He asks if I'm from Japan. I say no, as I'm not, but say that I am Japanese, but I'm from Hawaii. Back to the paper.

"How long you live in the Midwest, you in the services?"

"Nope. Going to school right now." Back to the paper.

"For computers?"

Nope. Still reading the paper.

"Engineering?"

Nope. "Going for teaching." No way I'm saying for Math, although I'm surprised he didn't ask that one. Back to the paper.

"You do that Shaolin thing." I do, but not in the way he's suggesting and not getting in that conversation with him.

Nope. Back to paper.

"What is that, Chinese?"

Not looking up, "yup."

"You know there's some monks in Iowa."

"Really," still reading the paper.

"They bought some land and their over there. i talked to them once."

"Cool." Still reading the paper.

This goes on for a while and then he goes quiet. One stop before mine he gets up to get off and says, "Maybe I'll see you again. konichiwa."

Fuck you asshole! I don't know why people don't feel that talking to me like that and asking me questions based on stereotypes is like me sitting next to him and asking him how was his fried chicken lunch. Or is he too cracked out to eat. And how it feels to grow up without a father and a crackwhore, welfare mother.

All right, maybe that's extreme, but it would be like me sitting next to him and asking what he thinks of football and L'il Wayne.

I'm also talking in perfect English and I'm not dressed in anyway like I'm a Japanese immigrant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home