Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Bad Bus Day

I have a blog I've been keeping from posting because it was a ranting, cynical diatribe which may well be kept to myself and just venting and it didn't just have to do with that moron from the World-Herald. Nor was it his headline for a lame review of a former duo now a full band that read something along the lines of "More Instruments Gives Band a Fuller Sound." No shit, dumbshit shit, stupid-fuck! This isn't the Onion, you're a fucking pair professional...of sorts. Seems to me like you're coasting. May as well be, "Tuning Guitar Gives Cleaner, Consistent Sound."

Not even going to get into this week's selection.

Today, though, I thought I'd catch the bus being that a) it's still icy and slushy out there and b) I need to activate my bus pass this week or it will be deactivated. So I walked through the slush and ice and wait for the bus that says I can't use my student-issued bus pass on Sundays because the school's closed on Sundays. What if I was going to go study? What if I was going to meet a study group or go to a required exhibit? Even MCC's bus pass allowed Sundays.

So I left work early to be sure to catch the last bus of the day going my way. I get off by Bag N' Save to walk the path only to get there to realize (of course) it's not plowed. So I have to walked around through unplowed shit to get to unplowed sidewalks to meet the street to cross but cars are coming. I wait and the last car hits the puddle I'm next to and splashes me. The water actually gets my entire face. So only having gloves as the only absorbant material on, I wipe as much off. I get some water in my mouth and tastes like standing water. I get snow and scrub my face and lips and drink some coffee from my mug.

My throat's getting raw now. Gonna make some hummus and have some rosemay, olive oil lavash with it.

PS: I hope the Patriots don't win today. F- Brady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home