Email


No Train. No Life!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Early X-Mas







Hawaii gave me an early X-mas present by allowing me to experience little to no traffic. Went to the food court at the Pearl City Holiday Mart yesterday. Good stuff. It wasn't as busy or as full as it used to be, but still, how can you beat having Vietnamese, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, and Japanese stuff in one place that's not a sit down restaurant? All good stuff, too.

We opted for Korean because it's hard to get good beef short ribs in Omaha. Those cuts are geared mostly towards prime rib roasts, so even beef ribs you get little to no meat and may as well just use it for stock. But here for $10 you get seared kal bi, beef short ribs, with a lot of meat on it.

I helped Aunty Linda and Uncle Dexter roll sushi today and found several things I'd been doing wrong with my sushi with the rice and rolling and picked up some good tips.

Mom's b-day today, stopped by the beach and lost my sunglasses. That's why I don't like paying more than a dollar. Luckily, too, the Goodwill I bought it from in Vegas had tons of those. Gonna pick up another when we go back there.

Hopefully there is nothing screwing up my financial aid and it goes through on the 2nd. I want to be able to go to Jelly's and look for stuff...if they have stuff. Gotta a bunch of eating left to do as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home