Email


No Train. No Life!

Monday, December 12, 2011

"Aloha Means Goodbye"



This Primo's for Jeff.



We were advised to make an itinerary for the remainder of our trip so we can actually fit things in. It's been busy so far and lots more to do, which is good for making use of the time here. There's little to no down time, though. And while I enjoy that, it's tough on Jeanne and Ayana's not napping. I've been sort of good on my going to the beach every day.

The waves were up for the Pipeline Pro and had to skip Haleiwa because Ayana wasn't handling it too well. Need to head back to that.

My aunt gave us tickets for a bus ride through downtown to see the lights. It was on a double-decker bus which gave us some near misses with low tree branches (one of which hit my glasses) and low wires. We had extra time so it drove through Kahala in the residential area and then around Diamond Head.

We need to check out those noodle/ramen shops. They're legion here. It reminds me of those shots of downtown Tokyo where there are those cute, brightly lit noodle or sushi shops, some so small that there are only a few seats at the counter.

My parents leave Wednesday for Portland and we'll be staying in Kaimuki at the Grandma's place. There's lots of stuff to do right in that area and Aunt Linda and Uncle Dexter are taking us around...reef walk on the itinerary. There's a thrift store and pho shop and other things...like the comic shop that used to loan out Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes before Hawaii got the WB.

My cousins have bikes that they don't use, so I'm going to pump them up and ride around. If I lived back here I would not have a car. It's so bike accessible and I hate the traffic and drivers. I'm going to try and ride from Kaimuki to Mililani. They live up the hill in Kaimuki which will be fun to ride down.

Going to head to Waikiki today to hit the beach with Chad and Angela before they leave and come back and hang back a bit to list the remainder of our trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home