Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Marquee Moon

Yesterday's class was at the Zen Buddhist temple, so I rode my bike there. Super cold, but I didn't think it was so I didn't wear my face mask; though I should have. Anyway, on the way back I decided to take California up the hill near Robert's place. I hadn't tried it since I'd been conditioned as I am and been doing stances in Kung Fu so I've built my quads pretty sturdy. I approached it and it didn't look as intimidating as I rememebered. Then I got about halfway up and thought about walking the rest, but pursued. I don't like standing while riding, though I know it helps. So I just slowed down and worked my way up. It felt as if my tire was flat.

Today I did errands with Ayana. I finished all my stuff for classes and have one left on Monday, but nothing due. So it's just trying to get more hours before leaving and trying to pick up hours at Chad's restaurant. I hope I can pick up several shifts dishwashing.

Couple more weeks and I have several things to get and don't have to worry about getting that pull-up thing from Wal-Mart because my mom has one. I was going to buy it and then return it before we left.

Tonight was Dave Rozelle's art show at Ted & Wally's. I was eating and noticed a new pic and remembered that it was an art show. I was too busy getting into the Pringles and pickled peppers. His art show was "P" themed, so there was to be all P-flavored ice cream (the letter p). So all snacks were P-themed and since the p-flavors weren't thawed enough to serve, we changed the names to fit it. For instance, Dutch Chocolate became Polish Chocolate. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie Dough became Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookie Dough. Blueberry Rhubard Pie became Pie de Blueberry y Rhubarb.

Ayana and I just sat on the floor near the food and just ate pickled peppers and Pringles and laughing while singing Sound of Music songs. Luckily, as well, Andrew was playing Marquee Moon over the sound system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home