Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Joe the Plumber?

Sitting in the library at school and finished a second draft of an essay I’ve been working on. I still have two parts left on my reflection paper due next week and then work on my Origins of Humanity assignment and readings.

I was getting coffee ready this morning and I heard the garbage truck outside. They usually come in the afternoon and even when the declaration was made in the summer time to pick up trash earlier due to a couple of workers dehydrating, they still didn’t come until 2 PM. So I usually take it out in the morning on my way to school.

But I looked outside and they were there and by the time I put on my shirt, they moved past. On my way to the bus stop, though, I noticed most of the trash was still there, so I went back and brought it out just in case. I’m not sure what is going on.

Joe the Plumber running for Congress? Are you kidding me? He says the people need representation and not just an “elite ruling class.” He’s running as a Republican, right? He’s against an “elite ruling class” and saying the people need representation and he’s running as a Republican. It just goes to show that he’s still a misinformed idiot. He’s running against a lady who’s running against Kucinich. Good luck, moron.

It’s funny how the current breed of Republicans always try to say they know what’s best for small businesses and portray themselves to be looking out for their best interest when they couldn’t give a crap. All their efforts really help only the corporations and if small business means franchises, then yeah, those assholes too. Any non-franchise business owners who are not selfish about their money and not helping out others and are actually informed don’t usually vote Republican. They are the ones who are affected by the legislations put through to help out the corporations.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the goals of this economic crisis was to put more mom-and-pops out of business and let the corporations, franchises, and corporate-pretending-to-be-mom-and-pops populate the cities and continue to have yet another generation of Americans grow up in an Anytown, USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home