Email


No Train. No Life!

Friday, October 07, 2011

Garage Sale? Or New Bigger Living Room Set Up?



So day one of the garage sale and after two weeks of incredible sunny weather we're greeted with overcast and threats of rain and a high wind advisory. I'm glad I didn't ride to work, because the ride home would've been directly into the wind the entire way home. We woke up at six this morning after going to bed at one after having an entire straight day of doing stuff. I hope this is the last time we'll need to do a garage sale. I like that we have stuff to sell, as we need the money, and we've gotten donations as well, but we don't like buying stuff we don't need. There's a necessity to what we buy and we we're not consumers any more than we need to be. I thought about selling our flat screen TV (which was given to us) because we don't ever watch it. We've got free cable hooked up to it and we never watch it. All our money is spent on Ayana and her necessities, food, gas, bike, records, and books...which records and books may be the only luxuries we spend money on.

I'm going to be grilling stuff tomorrow to unofficially sell food at the garage sale in an attempt to make more money. We'll see how that goes.

I acquired two New York Times today for giving Ryan some hummus, although I'm not sure that I'll have time to read them all.

Lot of people in the Old Market today even with the weather, but then again tomorrow's game day so all these Ohio State people are there. The shelf above the sink at work gave way and all these gallons of green river syrup came crashing down while Donna washed her hands.

I heard Andy Berkeley had moved back and him and Chris Fischer moved in with each other at 34th and Jackson (which is weird since everyone now lives near the Old Market, but at least it's on my way home. I ran into Chris while riding past his work while he was getting off the other day. I got a call from Andy asking about work. We're cutting hours back so we'll see. It'd be nice to work with Andy.

Oh, just a note on a previous post about riding to work the other day starting with "Holy Wars" and arriving there to "Hangar 18." As much as I'd like to sound as if I'd ridden my bike six miles through two songs, I had the album on shuffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home