Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, October 06, 2011

This wind has got to go. Every other day it seems I’m riding into non-stop 20 mph winds with gale-force gusts every so often. They’re strong enough to swerve me into traffic and annoying enough that if I’m reading a paper it only gusts when I’m trying to turn the page.

I always seem to be in situations where I’m around annoying people that need to be told that what they’re doing really needs to be tamed down or not do things. It’s annoying enough to be around people who always need to talk on cell phones, but to be on a bus with someone who is talking way too loud (where everyone on the bus is turning to look at said person) and using vast amounts of profanity (to a point where the bus driver finally tells her to turn it down). I don’t understand how people do not know how to gauge themselves. Like how people need to be told in lines when you’re trying to serve them to put their cell phones away and they look at you and respond in a way to say that you’re the one being rude. How dare you tell them to get off their phone. Then they go online and post things about how they were treated rather rudely at some establishment.

Seinfeld is one of the most popular TV show of all time. One of the most famous episode is the “Soup Nazi” one. It is a rather funny episode, but what most of the viewing audience fails to see is the importance of what he’s trying to establish which is an efficient line. It’s the same reason that food courts and vendors at festivals and such limit their choices and make items exact dollar amounts. It’s because people don’t find the need to figure things out while waiting in a line, nor do they make the effort to take money out or at least take their wallets out…or how lines at the security checkpoints at the airports seem to take forever because people act as if they’ve never been through a metal detector and x-ray thing before. There’s signs everywhere and places like the airport in Las Vegas have videos showing how to make their pass through it more efficient. Yet people wait until they’re there before they empty their pockets, take their belts off, take their laptops out, take their ID’s and tickets out…my pockets are empty I my belt is in my bag, even when I’m wearing pants that drastically need them. All I carry with me is my ID and ticket. It takes me five seconds to do the whole process of going through the detectors. And once I’m through it, I grab my stuff quickly and pull to the side to put my belt on, shoes on, laptop back in the bag, because I know people are coming through and I would cause a back up.

Which brings us to left turns. How long is it before people realize that left turns with no turn lane or signal, especially on a busy street, and especially during rush hour is stupid? I figured this out a long time ago and I avoid them as much as possible. I’m more than willing to turn right and use lights and maybe drive around a block to make traffic flow a little easier. People must love back ups.
I really don’t feel like being at school today. I don’t know what it is, but I’m just not feeling it. I can’t wait until this quarter is over and I can get registered for next semester, get financial aid taken care of, and start getting ready for our trip.

On another note, I picked up my camera yesterday and it’s pretty nice. It’s a lot smaller than I thought it’d be, but that’s good. I used it a little on my walk with Ayana yesterday. She’s pretty up on walks. She grabs her shoes and bring them to you and says, “Wah. Wah.” And if you’re watching TV she’ll get the remotes and turn them off and grab your hand and tug. She also does this thing where she’ll grab your hand and direct you to do stuff. Like while at the checkout line last week, she wanted a balloon. So she kept grabbing my hand off he wagon and pushing it up towards the balloon while saying, “peas. Peas.” She didn’t make a scene so I got it for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home