Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yet Again.

Late last night, after a manic search for my tire levers, I fixed the flat on my front tire. As I turned onto my street on Monday my tire slid and it was losing air. At least I made it home, right?

So today after my workout I'm heading to the Old Market and as I approach 20th street I veer to the left lane and while doing so the front wheel slides a bit. I look down and it's looking a little down. I stop and feel it and it's still full but with a lot of resistance.

I end up walking the rest of the way, cash my check which already is low because I'm not only going to get a new tube, but may as well get a new tire since this one's old and getting tons of mileage and I need one better suited for urban Omaha.

After class I caught the bus back to the Old Market and walked it to Greenstreet. My back tire, which was purchased in June, is already looking like it'll be going soon so I end up getting two new, supposedly, good tires and $109 later, I'm riding home.

I took a different route, more hilly and longer hills, but less traffic. Not sure about replacing my normal route, but I'm not letting the Leavenworth traffic get the best of me, so no dice there.

I mentioned not making it the meeting last week and was told 75 bicyclists showed up. Nice. Hopefully I make it to more of these decision making meetings with the city and fuck people!

There was a dude at the shop picking up a bike he purchased earlier and was pretty cool and asked about shirts that said, "I'm Biking" or "On A Bike MF." I passed his house on the way home. As I rode Hamilton through Dundee his had just gotten home and was showing his wife his bike. We exchanged heys and I battled 72nd and Cass Street traffic.

Let's hope my bike's investments are through for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home