Email


No Train. No Life!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ho, cuz!

I found out what that dumb decal that everyone has means. Not the "Defend Hawaii" one but the one I thought was a hip way to spell Heki. It's He>i. That should hit Omaha soon.

I don't know how people can stand driving here. Driving is bad enough, dealing with parking lots is dumber. This week we'll be at Uncle Dexter's place so we shouldn't need to drive for that week. I'm probably gonna ride their bikes unless we go to the North Shore.

Went to meet up with Chad folks before they headed off yesterday and ate at Duke's. If we had money Chad said the buffet at the Kahala Hilton is worth it. It's $60 a person, but good prime rib w/ real au jus, lobster tails, racks of lamb, fresh juices...those alone would be worth the price. They got their kids' meals free as well, so it worked out better.

I left early for my dentist appointment near Ala Moana. Got there way early so debated hitting a lame coffee house or something when I realized the beach is right there. So I pulled into Ala Moana beach, on the Magic Island side and went for an early morning swim.

There were some people about, but not much. Three in the water, plus me. I got a half hour swim in and felt really good. After that I just swam under water a bunch and went to the appointment.

I headed to Kahala Mall only because I needed to get a charge reversed on Jeanne's card for $10 for something that she didn't order from (gulp!) Whole Foods. Doesn't matter where Whole Foods is, it's the same annoying clientele. It's appropriate to be at Kahala Mall, though, now affluent people can finally eat healthy. I hate going to malls anywhere and here is much stupider.

People in Hawaii need to all learn common sense and relearn to drive. I have to abandon all safe driving techniques because it just makes it more dangerous. How does that work, right? Well for one thing, say you're driving in traffic leaving a normal, safe following distance. Then you want to go into the lane next you, which has a lane next to them. You signal your turn signal ahead of time to regulate traffic and thus make your lane change legal and safe. But as soon as that space opens up the other lane's driver sees an opening and without looking they enter there. For no reason other than they saw an opening. So if you do your safe techniques, you lose your space and pontentially get into an accident.

Luckily for me, I think everyone's stupid and see their move ahead of time. But then it keeps me more focused on that than safe driving. Fuck these assholes.

Are there any records shops anymore? All the ones that were here either moved or are out of business.

Gotta get our itinerary ready for tomorrow for the rest of our visit to maximize our time here and see all we want to and everyone we want to...radio stations still suck here...good thing there's NPR and two CD's I brought since my mom's car doesn't have an Auxiliary plug and I forgot my tuner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home