Email


No Train. No Life!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tulsa, OK

Woke up early to what would be a day of fast food and I feel gross now. Went to the hospital to visit Judy and see how she's doing; she was moved overnight into ICU due to a reaction to the pain medication. Joe's the power-of-attorney which is bad because of him being in Vegas and non-responsive and he doesn't know much about Judy's situation and because he feels and makes it so that everyone relies on him. And if he does anything, he needs you to know he did...unless you're a friend or something or other. I could have him spend hundreds on us at the bar and he wouldn't think twice, but ask for an advance because of medical reasons, you're irresponsible.

So Charlie wants to be with the family through this, but they only have one car and Maria's starting med-school and has to be here with the car for that and the family so being without much money they were contemplating ways to come up. Uncle Tom suggested several things and then asked why Joe wouldn't pay for it since he's got "a buck-and-a-half." We both looked at each other and said, "You probably don't want to know." To which he replied, "I probably know more than you think."

My immediate reaction and suggested solution was that if Charlie was willing to help with gas, then I'd come pick him up. He was more than happy, so I made the hectic journey out of Omaha down here. If I had thought about this for five minutes longer I would have gotten here two hours or so quicker, but I didn't realize that until halfway down I-35 and realized the path I was taking was not the one I had in mind and ended up backtracking 100 miles or so. I was thinking I was on I-44, which would've saved a lot of time.

So several Phil Hendrie shows, my playlist, and a few David Cross CD's later, I'm here, tired, and looking forward to the drive back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home