Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Stuck in this limbo of not knowing whether or not school is in session tomorrow. I hope not becuase I'm not ready for a Calculus test on Monday and tomorrow night is the night before, so hopefully it gets moved a day later. I'm going to study for it anyway, but it would help tremendously and catch me up.

I have to work on my French and I have a couple of computer programs due Monday as well. I hope school's not cancelled early because I want to swim and I want to get my newspapers. Then I can go down to the coffee house and read...then study...then shovel...then shovel the neighbor's...>) <---that's pac-man.

Congress sucks and most people would agree but most people also don't think their congressman is the problem. I would like to overhaul our whole political system. Get rid of parties, install term limits. Why do elections cost money? It should be free and based on what they have to say and their records. Issues shouldn't be put on hold or be predictably held off on or stood for because of a re-election strategy. That's a waste of a person. Basically, their career is a lame-duck session. It's fucking retarded. But then again, so are the people, apparently.

I hate listening to people talk politics (or any issue - mostly sports) where they seem to know what they're talking about, but they're just regurgitating talking points. If you only get your information from newspapers and network news, you don't know what the fuck it is you're talking about.

I've been hypocritical, too, though, and that's the problem with only the media's point of view. The George Zimmerman deal, I've looked at it through all view points, so I thought. I never knew his brother Robert was out there advocating for him. And knowing that it's his brother and careful to know when he's being objective, he was on Real Time with Bill Maher this week. He's pretty smart, and well represents his brother. Most of the points he brings up (that can't be objective and the ones that are gets pointed out and he acknowledges it) is great and logical and people not knowing the living situation there shouldn't say shit. He explains it very well. It's how I view the poor neighborhoods and the "War On Drugs," and rappers from places like South Central, Compton, basically LA and the punk rockers from LA in the late 70's-80's how they can say shit about the police and it be acceptable. How suburban white people have no right to comment and judge them on these issues, because they live in "Mr. Roger's neighborhood."

I'm not sure if I mentioned this but Paul Krugman mentioned Marco Rubio and "Zombie Issues" in one of his columns this week. A zombie issue is one that's been proven wrong by analysts, economists, facts, time, everything, basically a dead issue, but it's kept alive for political reasons because it keeps prejudice opinions and the likes alive. That's how I like to keep things I stand for. Fuck the facts. it goes against what I choose to believe in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home