Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

BTW, these were posts I collected but didn't post from last week till now.

So Sunday was supposed to have snow in the morning hours leading to rain, as the weather was warming up during the day. I wanted one more good snow before the season ended and ended up getting it. My ride to work was with frozen rain with strong north winds. So the last stretch of my ride turning up 42nd from Leavenworth was me being pelted in the face by ice.

It basically snowed the rest of the day and got like 6" or so. I definitely couldn't ride home so I thought of getting Jeanne to pick me up. But as bad as it was getting, and Ayana having asthma this week, I didn't want her to have to shovel the driveway and drive out and all that, so I decided to catch the bus home, as there still were two buses for me to catch by the time I got off.

We were to stay open until 8, so I could bail right at five, but at ten till five it was decided to close, so having not even started the closing process, I had to rush through and bolt.

Cars were sliding around outside and I walked my bike through the snow and on the street past a car crash and onto Dodge street. I had to walk on the street and unplowed sidewalks all the way to the bus stop at Village Inn since the snow route kept the number 2 on Dodge. So I trudged along all the way to there and as soon as I approached it, a truck pulled up and this older fella' told me to jump in. I felt I had to, even though I was looking forward to the bus ride, but what was the alternative? I would basically say I'm staying in the snow with my bike to catch a bus rather than get a free ride, so I threw my bike in the back and hopped in.

He turned out to be a doctor at the hospital and not a killer or rapist. I told him I'd comp him a meal if he comes down while I'm there.

Speaking of comped meals, the example of what I've been railing against comes to a head with the death of Hugo Chavez. Yes, he may not have been a perfect person, but what he meant and accomplished far surpasses anything most current world leaders have.

My problem is the reaction to this guy and his passing away. Our country supports far worse people and their regimes than this guy, but if you only follow our media, you don't know or understand that. Then you only use that media outlet's rhetoric to voice your opinions on him.

Seeing all these idiots protesting any gun rights hearings in Connecticut, especially in the vicinity of Newtown, about how the government is taking their rights and "Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens" is not only blatantly offensive to the victims' families, but shows their stupidity and sheeplike mentality to not see outside of what's being fed to them.

Thinking about the families, this is the equivalent of them being at Matthew Shepherd's funeral and protesting gay-marriage with posters saying, "Should've not been a fag!" Or being at the aftermath of Abner Louima's sodomy debacle with the NYPD and justifying it because he's black and a potential suspect it was valid.

These people stupidly take the bad information they get and form opinions about things and somehow justify them no matter how inhumane or unethical they may be. Americans make their opinions about how bad the Taliban represses and treat women while the religious right do just as much, if not worse, to the cause of women's rights in this country. Look at how the last political debates when rape was being dismissed as something women can deal with and accept along with any pregnancy that may come of it, as it's God's will.

We say all this shit about Chavez and Ahmadinejad, meanwhile our support for Saudi Arabia goes untouched and their. Why do government is one of the most oppresive, hypocritical, and corrupt regimes out there that influence most of the other countries with despotic problems. The right and organizations like Fox News always connect some Obama crony or left-wing organizations with ties (almost always loose ties or just speculative and speculative based on nothing more than an angle towards their agenda), meanwhile Fox News and the Bush Administration has direct ties, business and otherwise, to these organizations and regimes.

How much shit do you think the Obama administration would get if his family had business ties to the bin-Ladens and he did the same dismissive approach Bush did to his family in the aftermath of 9-11? He gets so much shit for even speculative things like living in the neighborhood of William Ayers and stupid shit like that.

At least the Catholics can now feel better about not having to think for themselves anymore. I don't have enough time to get into the Catholics and their invention and history, but really, why are they Catholics? They want a pope who can pretty much get with the times. I believe that any faith that works for you is good for you. However, how can you put that much stock into something that doesn't fit into your lifestyle or belief, so much that you want it to change how they view things in order to make you feel better about your lazy worshipping?

I was at work looking the Christopher Walken-looking guy who is one of the managers of the food places. Everytime I work the weekdays he's standing around. He's paid somewhere between $60-100,000/yr to supervise people who know how to do their job. This is what I hate about corporations. They pay people insane amounts of money to supervise people to do stuff because they themselves don't want to do shit. It's such a waste of a salary...and a person. I hate non-working managers. He did push in two chairs so that takes care of some of the excess wage.

The thing is, though, that if budget cuts come, he'll keep the salary and cut a manager under him and work those other managers more.

So I've been listening to Paris 1919 a lot recently and actually researched it because I didn't really pay attention to the content. Now I have to read about what lead up to the assassination of Franz Ferdinand leading to WWI and the Versailles Conference and the League of Nations to the rise of the Third Reich and WWII. Looking forward to this. I wanted to start reading more about WWII but I don't mind reading about the precursor to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home