Email


No Train. No Life!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Bethel, PA

It's funny that there's this big controversy about this James Cameron show on the discovery of a tomb that may have been Jesus'. They said that they're not trying to change Chritianity or prove that he doesn't exist or anything of the sort, but, rather, it's just something fascinating that they discovered and it's just something interesting that they thought they'd share with the world. It's not saying one thing or another, but it's just that when you have a theory, it's just a theory. Not fact, but a theory based on certain evidence, but it's nothing proven and can go anyway.

Of course Christians are all up in arms about it and, or course, Fox News, who had a scholar on there explaining what James Cameron and his party explained better than I did in aforementioned paragraph. Of course the news pundit kept cutting him off and naysaying him on things that he hadn't said yet because he needed to say something before answering pundit's questions in order for his answers to make sense.

So how does Fox News invalidate anything this religious scholar has to say, what else but bring in (drum roll) Kirk "mother fucking" Cameron. The guy who single-handedly detroyed "Growing Pains" because this fucker couldn't put his goddamn religious principles aside and do a job and, of course, just inflict his beliefs on everybody on the show, including the writers, who had to drastically change the show to meet fucking Jesus Christ's new earthly representative, which brought on Leonardo Dicaprio, which sent the show into it's downward spiral into non-existence.

When Kirk talks, Fox News pundit is all fucking ears. Kirk says stuff about how every Easter someone tries to take shots at Christianity and the Bible and tries to disprove either one of them. And how he likes to focus on "uplifting things" like the Left Behind series, which I'd like to read (Jeanne has) and see how, most likely, it's interpretation is all fucked up like most Christians' on the Bible. I don't know much about it except that when the Rapture comes, the Christians will instantaneously go to Heaven or something and the rest of the world will be in destruction in all this greusomeness. Very uplifting stuff. I'd like to watch that movie as well.

Secondly, Kirk says that he, unlike James Cameron and his cronies, "believe in facts." I could go on and on about this one, but let's just focus on the most obvious one, being that we're talking about Left Behind, and point out that the Rapture is nowhere to be found in the Bible. Go and check it out.

News pundit guy asks Kirk how he deals with being an outcast in Hollywood, being a Christian and all. I'll end it here.

We're in PA now and it's supposed to rain/sleet tonight. We're done for the night and gonna read a bit and crash. I made a delivery to Allentown, PA and set my availability for tomorrow morning and drove west about thirty miles to a truck stop there so as not to have a Jersey run tomorrow.

As I pulled into the truck stop I received my next dispatch. It's from here to Jersey and then picking up another from Jersey then going to North Carolina. I like Kevin Smith and all, but fuck Jersey. At least driving a truck there. Just looking at the directions it's all fucked up an complicated. It took me about forty-five minutes to route it all up just for the delivery. I haven't even looked up the dispatch after that. Hopefully just pick up and head out of Jersey and then stop for the night.

For the moment our laptop is back and running. I left my minidisc folder at home, accidentally, so I have just the same one I've had for the past month that I was glad to not listen to for a while. We have a tape deck on this truck so I'm learning Russian while Jeanne freshens up on her's. We also have the minidisc player and a CD player to hook up, as well as a way to hook up our DVD player's speakers to have surround sound.

I also need to look for my warranty on my minidisc player as I've worked it to the bone and the buttons are all screwy now and all that jazz. It sort of works. I can get it to play, but it doesn't always skip tracks or record and to skip back a track, it puts a track mark and it's just all sorts of stupid.

Mike D just called me and invited us to his wedding on May 26. We may be able to make it as Charlie's in on July 1. I wish people would stop getting married until we get financially stable. My brother's getting married in April and we're definitely not going since it's in Hawai'i. Not that we can't go there or we're not allowed to go there or swore an oath never to go there, it's just that we can't get that much time off or get the money to get there.

I hope that Rollins 4-disc thing on Ebay is there tomorrow.

Recent Jukebox: "Phil Hendrie Show," Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Into the Great Wide Open, Bill Hoover, Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, Rollins, NPR.

Current reads: Screenwriting book, Huckleberry Finn, Bill Hicks: Love All the People, Tropic of Capricorn.

Current films: too many to list, but I need to get more. Thinking of getting Netflix again once caught up with bills. I think there's one that you can rent 10 or something at a time and since we're on the road, that would work out great if we can get home every couple of weeks or so.

I need to stop writing and eat or something.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home