Email


No Train. No Life!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

"...just when you thought we were slipping..."

If I sat down for an hour or so, I think I could go on and on about Dashboard Confessional guy and it would just be his quotes against himself. Self-incrimination, I think it's called.

Of course on my way back to Omaha my truck's check engine light goes on and stays on. They want me to take it to the shop to check it to make sure it's okay. This is what I wanted to avoid and wanted to take the truck in last week, so as not to delay my Omaha hometime.

The light went off after I got pass all that stupid insane mountain inclines of Virginia and West Virginia but they want me to take it in, just to be sure. I hope it doesn't take long.

Speaking of the check engine light, one of the best things about the Ben Weasel ESPN radio thing was the DJ asked him, well first he asked if he like the Beach Boys or the Beatles. He said neither and the DJ was like, "Oh. I thought you liked the Beach Boys." I'll forgive Ben for not liking the Beach Boys.

The second one he asked was, and this guy knows Ben and I can't believe he asked it, let alone his response to it, "the Clash or the Ramones." Without missing a beat Ben, of course, says the Ramones. The DJ is flabbergasted saying, "The Clash made cultural statements about a nation and was political..."

Ben says, "Who cares?" Then went on about how people just want to have fun and dance and just rips the Clash apart. It was great.

Either there really are a shit ton of Virginia Tech alumnus or current students or the same thing with flags after 9-11 and the "Support the Troops" ribbon thing is happening, Virginia Tech style, because nine out of 10 cars have Virginia Tech stickers on them, and they are all bad drivers.

I don't know what it is about driving that people don't see the dangers of just drifting into lanes. And it's not always intentional like they were going in the lane and just didn't signal. When you watch them it's like they're just gazing off in the distance and sort of letting their soul be their pilot or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home