Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mineral Wells, WV

I tried to post this last night but it wouldn't:
Today is our two-year anniversary. I just talked to Jeanne via payphone since I have no service in the entire state of West Virginia.

Today was very exciting driving all day in heavy rain through mountains. It's funny. Virginia and West Virginia has this extreme take on driving. See most places have this thing where they let you know ahead of time, so as to prepare yourself if you're driving a truck, a downgrade ahead and how steep and how long. This gives you a chance to get in proper gears and stuff so you don't lose your brakes going down.

Not in these states. Or at least not on the I-77. This major one, I only knew because I assumed the sign that said, "Escape Ramp 1 Mile Ahead," meant that there was a downgrade coming up. And it was a long steep one that is rather tough on its own, let alone in heavy rain.

Anyway, I've been missing Jeanne a lot. I need her around, else I just become stupid. I've been in the state I was in when I left Los Angeles for Omaha. My mind's in complete shambles and it's been hard for me to figure stuff out. My mind's been bothering me for a long time and I've been sussing it out, but not too well, and it's just gotten worse recently because I've been left alone and to my own devices.

I'm watching Mumford. I'm gonna listen to some albums and get some writing done and maybe some reading.

I think I lost my Fear tape with the Beach Blvd album on it as well. Two fucking awesome albums lost.

I just ordered the following:

1) Henry Rollins - Live at McCabe's (I've realized that I only like the sort of, best of Henry Rollins. The full shows always has a bit or so that I can't deal with but the best of is all bad ass,)

2) William Shatner - Has Been, a long sought after gem.

3) Henry Miller - Black Spring. I bought a copy of Autobiography of a Yogi and Siddartha at the Henry Miller Library while driving through Big Sur on the way to Frisco. I was thinking about Al Jardine and I knew he lived there and we passed by the library and turned around and went there. It's like a house that you'd see on the North Shore. It had all these art projects all about the landscape and free tea & coffee. I really wished I could've seen Rollins do his thing there last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home