Email


No Train. No Life!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Hawaii

I guess the Maha festival is only $30 and we can bring Ayana so we probably will go. Looking forward to seeing Guided by Voices even if it's outdoors. Primus is playing at the Waiting Room outside as well.

I don't like going to the mall for a plethora of reasons. Anthony Bourdain,along with his praise for Vietnamese food and with his travels which usually start in the market places, gave his solution for fast food in America. It's to get rid of those fastfood things in the mall food courts and replace them with vendors of International persuasions to serve fresh, cheap, good-tasting, healthy food. I was just thinking in places I'd like to go and things I'd like to do and thought of Ala Moana shopping center. It's a tolerable place to visit, but I was thinking about their food court and how it is sort of like that.

I wonder if people in Hawaii realize how good they've got it on those levels? We should all take a hint from that. So many good cultures and not enough people go there until it's on TV. And on several sides of that TV spectrum, I have a problem with based on first hand experience...more on that some other time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home