Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I missed seeing Guided by Voices in Iowa a month back, but I just noticed that they are playing the Maha festival here. Good deal...We can bring Ayana but it's a festival. As much as I'd like to see them with this line up, I'll have to see who else is playing because I don't want to pay that much to just see them and a bunch of crap bands. It'd be nice if they were headlining so they can play longer.

I noticed that we have the Onion down at Ted & Wally's. I'm not sure what I think about that. I liked the Onion but for what they do, they're getting carried away. First was that bad movie, though the audio book was all right. Now they have a show on IFC!?

People just read the headlines. That's all that's funny. I never take the time to read them except the short snippets. The only time I read the actual whole thing I think I was at a Greyhound station in Denver and that was the only thing I had to read. Which was the first time in years that I realized they had ads for local stuff.

Which brings me to the next thing that they asks Joe to advertise with them. First off, they're twice as much as the well-establihed Reader. Secondly, the demographic in Omaha is not going to get the Onion. The ones that will already come to the shop. Also,visitors are more likely to pick up the Reader. I wonder if it's some money-bags dude here that read a copy and figures it'll do well. All the hipsters like it. They'll just go online.

Had to miss Jonathan Richman on Cinco de Mayo. Couldn't get a babysitter that late. Too many good shows coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home