Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Proportional Response

Sort of getting sick of this. Yesterday at work, this African dude came up to order and asked if my name was Jackie Chan. I say he was African not because he's black, but because he's Sudanese. I know enough of certain African ethnicities to know he is. At least more than he knows I'm not Japanese but an Asian. But I just looked at him straight-faced and said, "Actually, it is," and walked away.

I really wanted to ask, "Is your name Kunta Kinte?" Or maybe, "Give us, this freedom," or whatever it was he said in Amistad...or is that outside of the proportional parameter?

I'm going to start being aggressive with this nonsense. It's getting out of control..."Someone call the fire department."

Ayana once pushed her body against my head against the bedboard and said, in a fake threatening voice, "I'm crushing your head. Menember me?" I couldn't stop laughing. Recently she hits me and I say, "Mom! Ayana's hitting me!" To which she'll do one of two things. Either stop and lightly pat him and say, "No, I'm patting." Or she'll say, "Mommy's not here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home