Email


No Train. No Life!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Life of Disappointment

The other day at work was great. Some idiot came and ordered a gyro with only sauce and tomatoes. I made it for him and gave it to him. I went back to the grill to finish the next order. The idiot is still standing there so I ask him if there's anything else I could get him, to which he stupidly responded, "I want one that looks like the picture."

I tell him that he only asked for sauce and tomatoes, so it doesn't look like it. He says there's more meat in the picture. I say there's five slices of meat on his like we do all of them. He immediately says, "There's only four on mine." To which I immediately snap back, "There's five!" I also continue to say that the photo is done that way to show the ingredients and to look good (hence the food photography profession).

He still is being dumb, so I remind him that he's not forced to have to have it and if he doesn't like it, don't get it. He brings up the photo again, to which I say, "If you want me to make it like the photo, I can, but like it shows, the back half of the sandwich is empty. Like I said, they show it like that so you can see the ingredients."

He finally says he doesn't want it so I grab it and his receipt and say, "Then don't get it!" I slam it in the trash right next to me and turn around to the grill.

My manager Sam comes up and asks what's going on, and I point to the idiot and say, angrily, "This guy's being dumb!" He says he'll take care of it.

The guy walks over to the burrito side and Sam goes there. 10 seconds later Sam's back and I see the idiot talking to the Sodexo manager. I ask Sam what he said and he said the guy said he wanted three tacos like the picture. Sam just said, "I can make it for you, but it won't look like the picture."

I love dealing with customers like this. Love it. When they're beyond wrong, you're right and handle it right and they escalate it to a level where you can make them feel like a fucking dumbshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home