Email


No Train. No Life!

Monday, March 25, 2013

This Inane Bullshit

In today's NY Times, there's an article about how Tennessee residents can (twice a year) do a "lottery of sorts" for people needed medical treatment for those unqualified for Medicaid.

Is this what we're down to? How does this shit happen where there's obviously a problem with our healthcare system and we vote against our best interest? My family is in this. Yes, my wife (and only her) is qualified for Medicaid because she's pregnant. Our daughter is not covered by it, nor could I qualify for anything affordable. 90% of our debt is medical. If we lived in any other country, our paycheck, no matter how high the taxes, would be ours. We'd have so much money saved by now and this dude at Hy-Vee looks like an Easter egg and wondering if the v-neck sweater-vest was forced upon him.

On my walk here from the UNO library to the shuttle to here, I had "How Deep Is Your Love?" on. This song was the number one song in the nation the day I was born. I love that fact. I could say that it is the most influential and best song ever in my life, but that would be the stupid shit that makes movies like the Wedding Singer so popular, and dumb shows like "Family Guy" popular.

But with the cold weather, flurries, and strong northern winds cutting through my face, it melding with my mood and added to that ambiance...which, speaking of that, at the coffee cafe in the library (where I got a free coffee from the girl that works there and the Subway at cafe in the hospital where I work at) this dude comes in and I almost burst into laughter. This idiot had these aviator sunglasses (name brand), perfectly sculpted "indie" hair, beige pea coat, and scarf ironed and folded neatly (obvious effort went into his hipness), stupid pants and shoes. Obviously, up on us with the 2013 Spring catalog. Nothing better than expensive, cared for, shabby, indie-rock fashion. Nothing shows artistic integrity than mom and dad's credit card funding it. Only respectable fashion that utilized money (to some extent) are Mods...only then and only because they were, themselves, hardworking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home