Email


No Train. No Life!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oldie but Goodie

So just prior or during Spring Break, I dropped my Calculus II class because I wasn't able to put much time into it and bombed miserably on my second test (to be fair, it was graded way too difficult. For instance, any other teacher I would've gotten six or seven points for the work, but I got three points. For missing like a negative sign or one integration out of four was off). This is the last semester which I'd be on academic probation, so I couldn't afford to have low grades. After this semester I start the College of Education.

So today I go to meet with my academic adviser and apparently it didn't drop the class. So I had to go to the registrar's and they told me I have to get this slip signed by my professor and then bring it back to them and get a waiver done. My professor is part-time, so I can't just go to his office.

Last week (dead week) was spent doing a fucking program worth the same amount of points as our final, so I couldn't really study as I'm working on this fucking program. Now this week's going to be spent fixing this shit, because I can't register for classes until I get this shit taken care of. This is one of the things Ronald Reagan had right was with bureaucracy. They can't just see that I've been doing well in the other classes and took my state assessment test which is necessary to move on to the College of Education.

Anyway, Ayana does that thing now where she wants you to watch everything she does. I think it's a phase, because the "Simpsons" episode where Homer finally met his mom he was doing that. So she goes for like three minutes straight of, "Daddy, watch this." Then she does something. It'd be annoying because it's while I'm studying and every time I start to read she does that. But it's funny as hell. Like tilting her head and walking like a robot. Smashing her face. Falling on the ground. Walking like a crab.

This kid at HyVee, I think it's his first day. He seems overly enthusiastic and eager to please. He's bugging me, because I just want to finish studying before heading home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home