Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ayana was really enjoying Fugazi the past couple of days. When "Repeater" came on she kept laughing and counting with Ian for, "1, 2, 3, repeater." Then she kept counting higher. Then she thought it was funny when Guy kept saying, "I'm not playing with you."

It's been getting thoroughly boring. I wish I brought my bike as originally planned. Lots of hills, but for the errands that I've been running, I could do it on the single-speed, no problem. I feel bad for spending $15 on sunglasses. It's about $14 more than I'm willing to pay. I keep thinking how I should've bought the rack of those sunglasses at that Goodwill in Vegas the other year. Would've still had some and all less than $10. But finding glasses that cheap that can also fit over my glasses are hard to come by, so I caved in.

We went to Jeanne's birthing center the other day and hung out and talked for a while. We decided to go through Spearfish and drive around Spearfish Canyon. By the time we left her place, I needed to eat and get more coffee. We had to go to Wal-Mart to get a prescription and as an unfortunate result, we had to eat at GD Papa John's for mediocre pizza that I never wanted to partake of. The only good (and surprising) thing is they had a tip jar. I was surprised that Wal-Mart and Papa John's allowed that, since the Starbucks in Target doesn't allow it because Target owns those franchises and doesn't allow it. Wal-Mart seems to be worse than that and Papa John's, well, we all know about that asshole.

So we drove through Spearfish and passed by the bed and breakfast where we had Ayana at. It was sold for $75,000 and the realty place is probably going to sell it for tons more. The drive through the canyon was nice. We've only ever been here during the winter, so the mountains were much nicer and there were waterfalls. We stopped near the creek and one point and got out to take pictures and feel the water. It was nice. I'd explain it but then it'd be like writing poetry.

Now we're back and just getting cabin fever. The workout room is not open today since they're fixing the a/c. I wish they had free weights and stuff, it's just cardio. I'd like to work on my back. At least the elliptical allows me to work on my back upper-arms.

BTW, the Kansas DOT is giving them $18 million to generate things like bike trails. How come in Kansas they get it and Omaha is stupid? Kansas!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home