Email


No Train. No Life!

Friday, January 19, 2007

"...what goes around comes back around."

I was just thinking about this one time I was walking to Cubby's from Ted & Wally's. Right by the antique shop there was this big, monster truck type truck that stopped to let me cross. He was blasting Superchunk's "Hyper Enough." I thought that was really weird as I was listening to that song a lot at the time and it's certainly not a radio hit or anything of the sort.

So what weekend wouldn't be complete without our truck breaking down in some way and being in the shop. At least it was noticed before we left the terminal, but, still, we're not in the greatest financial situation at the moment and we were already out a week moving our stuff back to Omaha, meaning that we'll not have a paycheck this next week and the next week will be small since we only had one run. A long run, but I was hoping to get this other one in to get a little better check. This month has been very slow and I would appreciate it more if we didn't have the debt so we could enjoy ourselves guilt-free. As opposed to spending money that should be going to bills, but I don't want to just sit around all weekend doing nothing here.

This type of deal makes me wish we were stuck in Omaha, the Edwardsville terminal, or the Denver one. The Denver one only because there's a shopping complex next to it with everything you could possibly need.

Currently listening to the stuff you're dealt listening to at terminals and trucks stops: highly fabricated stories from truckers about how they don't take shit from anyone and you best be ready throw down. I don't what it is that they always have to prove themselves. No one leaves the place talking about how cool that guy in there was because he told the security guard to "fuck off." Or you deal with the ones who find out that Jeanne and I drive together and they ask how we can put up with each other. And it's always how I can deal with having her around. It always kind of takes me aback for a second and I just say something dumb. It wouldn't matter anyway as nothing can satisfy them. No matter how well you tell them it's going, it's always, "Just wait. Sooner or later, you'll start getting to each other."

"But it's been 12 years."

"Just wait till 13."

Pretty much anything you say about anything it's the wrong answer and they tell you why and usually make up some unbelievable story. A lot talk about women like they get chicks on the road left and right and they're always like the dude-type guys that you've gone to bars or clubs with that always are like, "I'm gonna get some pussy tonight," or they just talk about how ugly some girls are and all this stuff and they themselves I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

The one good thing that we've noticed about our truck breaking down that's been good is that we're always missing bad weather. A blessing in disguise I guess.
There's this commercial on now with a song I know really well but can't lay my finger down on it. It's the one that goes, "Dun, dun, dun, dun."

Watched the River Niger last night. Super good. James Earl Jones is awesome in it. Actually, everyone was. The only part I thought was dumb was when the dope fiend was trying to get some dope and sweating and was in pretty bad shape and then, shakily, narced the guy who killed the other guy's brother, he gave him the dope and he took a couple of snorts of it and he calmed down. At first I thought it was cocaine and thought it was dumb because no one fiends that bad for coke. I mean, when you have it, you'll do it all and fiendishly snort all night long until it's gone, no matter how much you have. But when it's gone, you're just like, "Oh, shit. I wish I had more." But you don't get violent or shaky or anything like that. But through my powers of deduction, I figured out, by clues later in the film, that it was heroin.

War does the music in the film, too.

Everytime I read High Fidelity, I want to do the birthday thing he does. The renting Robocop 2, Naked Gun 2 1/2, and Terminator 2, and get some beer and just hang out all day and watch it.

I want to order Chinese tonight.

I started writing an essay and a storyline for a screenplay. I hope I get some time to work on them.

I was thinking of getting a mic for my minidisc player to record these conversations at the terminals. Maybe even join in on some to see how far I can go with them.

Justin Timberlake is dumb. Jeanne likes his music, though I can't get myself to find anything musically brilliant about him or his dumbass music. It's like diary entries that 15 year olds write and he's still writing about Brittney. Jeanne says that he really loves her and they should get back together and he really misses her. I just think about anything he could be missing. Like the endless, vacuous conversations. "Remember the time I put on your pajama pants and thought they were mine?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home