Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Oogah!

Well, just checked the truck for any preplans they may have sent and, so far, none. I took this as a sign that it'll be okay and ordered us some dinner. I really shouldn't be spending money, but I'm lazy and tired, for the moment, of the food in the truck. I could've even gone the cheaper route on go down the street to get some food, but it's not that far a walk, but there's no walkway and it's a very busy highway with trucks always going by.

It also doubles as a street with houses and residents in them and a forty-five mph speed limit which I never drive as it seems way too fast to drive in a, techinically, residential neighborhood. I could live my life without the guilt of killing a kid going for the mail (which, funnily enough, is right along the street where cars, or trucks, could get you. Making mail getting a sort of life or death game that these people apparently are willing to deal with).

It's super cold here and I think it's supposed to snow lots tomorrow. I hope not, or at least not until the afternoon, giving us a chance to deliver this load and get another one and get the fuck out of dodge.

I've the dream run in my head being a pick-up from the Mott's/Cadbury DC here and deliver to the Wal-Mart DC in Spring Valley, IL, since I've been to both and it's a good run and, chances are, we'll probably not get a run during the weekend, leaving the next week to be around the midwest since we need to be in Omaha by Friday. Of course it will probably be the opposite and it'll snow like crazy and we'll get routed through Oklahoma or Texas with all that ice. It'd be just our luck to finally get routed to Texas and it be all shitty.

My cell phone has been doing this weird thing where it shuts off automatically. Unless it was always supposed to do that but has been malfunctioned and now it's working. And it's a flippy type phone so it's not as if I'm accidentally hitting the power button.

We got a new AC convertor for the truck. I don't understand these things. You plug them into an outlet to convert the power from the outlet in the truck to power your regular appliances or electronic devices. The plug-in is the normal cigarette lighter plug-in, but the device itself is always this huge thing that can barely support the weight of the plug. And with the way the truck shakes on every bump on the road, it falls out or gets jutted out of place so as not to supply power. I guess they figure you'd use it while the truck is just idling.

I've been having lots of dreams about family and friends since we've been truck driving. It sucks. I miss everyone a lot. I can't wait to get our debt paid off.

I'm outs.

PS: I ordered wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home