Email


No Train. No Life!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Ainsworth, IA

Luckily I was able to re-set my dental appointment and, luckily, I was able to set in on the same day and time as Jeanne's one. We will also have insurance by that time so it may very well be free or next to nothing. Hopefully.

I got up extra early today to deliver the load as early as possible in order to get another load to Omaha and relax. I got to the receiver and followed the directions to the address and everything. It was the wrong place. The right place was down the road, but it was still pretty dumb because the directions I got and the mapquest directions and the directions from the atlas software on the computer all pointed me to the wrong address.

Anyway, I was unloaded and ready for a new load by 0835 and I'm still waiting. I should have been home yesterday. I wish they would just tell me to go straight home from here. I'm losing my momentum.

I was thinking of some movies about things in them that if avoided in the beginning of it the entire movie wouldn't exist. Instances like in Star Wars if they blew up the escape pod. Or probably the worst of all Frantic. As great as I thought that movie was, it's the stupidest movie of all time.

The entire movie was Harrison Ford looking for his wife after she was abducted from the hotel by the people whose luggage got switched with Harrison Ford's one, because they wanted their luggage back. So in an attempt to get it back, they go to the hotel, call their room, get the wife to come down to the lobby, and then kidnap her to get Harrison Ford's character to give them their luggage back.

Seems to me that they could've just gone up to the room and say, "Here's your luggage. I guess it got switched, could we get ours back?" Everyone's happy.

I guess I'll have two whole days to do whatever in Omaha now that I don't have a dental appointment. I don't know what I'll do. I hope my bike's in working condition. I'd like to go on a long bike ride. Down to Bellevue or something.

Gotta get a new cooler for the truck as well. A bigger one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home