Email


No Train. No Life!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

London, OH

Yesterday was the closest that I think I've ever come to dying.

We had just come of the Pennsylvania Turnpike heading towards West Virginia. There was talk of passing thunderstorms in the area and I could see ahead some lightning. Then I could see where the storm was. Ahead of us I could see dry area and then a wall of water and within seconds we were in it and could not see anything and had to slow down immediately and turned on flashers and wipers and couldn't stop because other vehicles may hit so had to drive about 20 mph.

It was like driving through a car wash. I turned the weather radio on and it kept saying that winds are 10-15 mph but I didn't believe it as I looked out and saw the trees tossing about like crazy and big fucking branches breaking off and flying around. I seriously thought we were in a tornado or something. In any case, I thought we would die.

The funny thing is, though, the wind wasn't tossing us or anything. I think we were lucky to be in a treed (is that a real word?) area so it blocked all that wind, because when the weather report got to the hazardous warning part of the broadcast it said that winds could be gusting to more than 65 mph. And I've been in 40 mph and have had to struggle to keep the truck on course. I've also been in 85 mph winds which we were told by our manager to just "drive slow." Where the highway patrol and National Weather Service advised to not drive at all.

Anyway, right after storm passed, there was a truck stop and I thought to stop for the night and wake super early and finish the run. I saw the sky clearing and wondered if all was through and saw a sign that said "Ice Cold Beer" and thought, "Dammit," but I also thought about it and at the last second turned back on the Interstate and drove on and almost immediately pass the truckstop, we hit round two of storm. That passed pretty quickly, though, and we headed on and that was the last of all that shit.

So two morons today. Moron 1, I put my turn signal on as I need to be in the left lane to go where I need to go (in Columbus, OH, you have to constantly change lanes due to all the interstates and exit only lanes and all that) so I'm doing it and, of course, cars aren't letting me in. I finally get a break and this car who was just cruising in the back seemed as if he suddenly realized he was letting a truck get in front of him and started speeding up. I had already been in the the changing lanes process, so much so that I was already half way through. I won.

Moron 2. Same situation, I need to get over two lanes since the right two lanes are becoming the loop and I need to stay on the regular Interstate. This takes place in about two miles. I put my turn signal on. Long line of cars and they are not letting me in. Finally a space. A huge space. The only car in that lane is about 10 truck lengths away so I start to merge. The car starts speeding up and I'm already half way in the lane but this car does not want to let me in, even though I was no way near interferring with anything and the lane switch should have gone smoothly. He almost hits me but at the last second he tries to switch lanes, which he could've done a long time ago if he wanted to but didn't since if he kept his previous speed, I would've switched lanes and he still would've been way behind me.

So he tries to switch lanes because he's can't beat me becauase I was already in the lane, basically. I end up pulling back in my original lane because there's no one there, and I saw the lane he was now pulling into and there were several cars there which he almost hit and forced them to swerve into the other lane (luckily there were no cars there) because he was so fucking stupid that he didn't check to see if the lane was clear. This guy's idiocy is just snowballing. I pull back into original lane and he swerves back from the lane he blindly swerved in and speeds up more to pass me only to go into the lane I was in to go onto the loop.

If this fucking Jerk Off was paying attention to what was going on instead of just not wanting to be behind a truck that wouldn't have impacted his driving anyway and almost causing a truck and four car pile up, he could've safely switched lanes to the lane he was needing to go to anyway and let us all get on with our lives.

And these are the types of people I deal with everyday and this is why I think everyone should die!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home