Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Iowa,

So I finally got a good long run to keep this next check big, which is good because of all the stuff we need to get done with this next check.

Besides Justin's wedding, we had stuff planned prior and now there's more due to some changes.

The first being that Jeanne was going to stay back and we'd move our stuff out of storage and into the mom's place and she'd sort things out and get a local job and save money for an apartment and a car. Meanwhile, I'd finish up on the road with current company until beginning of September so I'd have my year experience, hence opening up more opportunities for local jobs. Also, while Jeanne would be home, that would keep a steady income as with the trucking, you go through some slow times and breakdowns and it just keeps us always climbing out of a hole.

Like, we'd be behind on our payments and start catching up again and just when things are fine, something happens and we're back where we started and that's been going on for far too long. So we figured that with one steady pay we'd always stay, at the very least, up to date and at the very best, we'd be getting ahead.

We worked out a lot of our budget and decided to do so and I actually got a job sort of lined up. I need to get an endorsement to my CDL but it's supposed to be easy and once I get that, I'd let the guy know and I'd get the job and it'd be M-F only with nights and weekends and holidays off and I'd just be doing runs in Omaha and Council Bluffs.

So that's what it looks like now and I hope it all works out. If worse comes to worse, I could just get this job back or look for another local one.

Also, I think we're spending X-Mas in Vegas so me family will meet Jeanne finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home