Email


No Train. No Life!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Laurel, DE

I'll give it to the people of Deleware that they are very nice people. Hands down, even with their driving. Traffic seems to flow effortlessly even when there's a lane closed ahead. You don't have people speeding past until the very last minute to try and get ahead of everyone else. I noticed it a mile ahead and switched lanes and immediately was followed by everyone. And I'm the type of person who likes to safely cut people off who try to get ahead so I'm always looking out and when I did, all I noticed was an empty right lane and everybody behind me. No back up whatsoever.

Anywhere else there's traffic for miles just due to a closed lane because mother fuckers don't know how to fucking drive and think they need to get ahead of it all.

Once in Wyoming there was a truck on fire a little past exit 6 going westbound and the Interstate was closed off and all you could see for miles was trucks and trucks on exit 3 and 6 and for miles just sitting. Once it cleared, within minutes we were flowing smoothly and I noticed that most of the vehicles were trucks who were letting each other merge appropriately and everything flowed smoothly and within three minutes, the congestion was done and everyone was on their way.

Speaking of, what's the protocol when you're in a place, say, Pine Grove, PA and there's a couple in the booth that's just staring at you like you've got an arm growing out of a melanoma lump in your neck? They were staring at Jeanne, hard-core, and then I came out of the bathroom and ordered two coffees and while waiting, I notice he and his ugly wife staring holes through us. I kept making eye contact and they wouldn't budge. What do you do without starting a fight or beign confrontational? This happens quite often. I think I'm going to start being aggresive towards them. Even if we did have said deformity, you still don't stare that long and hard at people unless you want your fucking head kicked in.

While we're on the subject of heads, the other constant thing that always happens and happenned again recently, is people who start their conversation with me by asking if I speak good English. For the obvious reason that's a stupid way to start a conversation, especially when I'm already talking to them in perfect fucking English. But the thing that gets me worse than that is when I am talking to them after the first question and talking perfectly. Words are flowing through like water and I don't hear or can understand what they just said and they fucking use hand gestures and talk slowly like doing the steering wheel motion and slowly saying, "You know, a taxi cab?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home