Email


No Train. No Life!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Walcott, IA

At the Pilot truckstop that is across the street from the "World's Largest Truckstop."

So in an aforementioned blog, I mentioned of the decision that Jeanne and I came up with to, once again, get a coffee maker onboard this here truck, in a much needed attempt to save more much needed dollars. It was found today at a truckstop for the low price of $15 in a re-taped box, which leads us to believe that it's been returned or something. We had bought this same one for a similarly cheap price from the same truckstop (different location) before and it was broken. So hopefully this will work because it cost like $60. Maybe if it doesn't, I may have to do some evil trading tricks. Hehehehe.

I am drinking a cup of Tension Tamer tea and am feeling great sense of relief. I could use this more often.

Reading the Japanese and am really enjoying it. It covers everything (mostly everything, because there's a sequel to this which covers more) about their culture from sex to religion to food. Sex is exciting to read about and their religions are interesting, of course, but the chapter on food is unbearable. I started craving food so much. I hope that we can get a Japanese meal in sometime this next week when we're back in Omaha.

I'm really craving sushi (of course), but steamed rice and tempura and seaweed salad from Blue, the ones they serve in Martini glasses.

As always, I keep finding out that glasses for drinks are that way for an apparent reason and the sake ones are no different. It's that size because it keeps it hot and there is a great imporatance in keeping the sake warm and there was an American baby-bottle warmer that was selling really well in Japan for that purpose.

Anyway, we are supposed to be back in Omaha this Friday until next Wednesday so there's the wedding, the rehearsal dinner, doctor/dental appoinments, maybe an eye exam, some house cleaning, lots of drinking and eating and, hopefully, if time permits, a fucking long ass bike ride. I want to do the Keystone trail and take to that other one that goes down to Bellevue and find somewhere to eat and read and write or something and then ride back.

I really cannot wait to stop trucking and get an apartment again and local jobs and be able to ride my bike daily and get a good workout in and get a Netflix subscripti...arrgghghhhh...You have disgraced me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home