Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Kansas City, MO

I guess the good news is that our truck had its maintenance service done and there are new tires with good, deep tread on them, which is good considering the weather recently.

Another good news is that we got a run from here to Minneapolis due there on Monday morning which is good because a) right now in that direction we'd have to go through major thunderstorm area which includes tornado area of today and b) we get to stop through Omaha for a day or so.

The bad side to that is that all day was wasted today waiting for truck to be fixed, which is good because it's going to be a long time before we have to be in a shop again. The bad side of it is that I've already not been getting miles in because this truck has been in the shop so at least one day a week has been in the shop and being out of service. Then when we get the truck fixed we get a short run with a long delivery time which keeps us from getting a good check which always sucks because it's always right before home time and then we're home for a few days and, as a result of that, we're back on to a little check to come back to and then it's in the shop and all that fucking shit.

So we've got a game plan and we should be fine but it's going to suck because after several bad checks and this next one to be the same, we're home for five days that includes a wedding and dental, medical, and I was going to get an eye exam and get new glasses, but we'll see how much the other ones are costing us first. I still don't know how the coverage is working out.

Speaking of, I'm not getting into that Michael Moore shit with his new film, but on that subject, I heard Ronald Reagan's radio address on universal health care and the idea he was heading towards was getting somewhere, but on the whole it wasn't on par with what I agree with, with what little I know about the other countries and their deal.

I've heard things about waiting periods and all that, but that could just be people's bad luck or experiences, or just being plain impatient. What I hear most from the Conservative, Right-Wing, Republican types is, "Yeah they've got free health insurance, but it's not really free. You know how much more they have to pay for things there? They say it's free but they're really paying a lot in taxes...."

Well, I pay about $100/week for our coverage and we still have to pay for visits and medicine and co-paying for this and that and not being covered for this and that. I'd gladly pay more in taxes if I knew that I can just go for an appointment and not pay anything. The only reason I've got to go a lot now is because I've got benefits now, so it's cheaper, but I still have to save a ton of money for co-pay and whatever else insurance doesn't cost.

And paying per month what I could be paying to get out of debt and the same amount we could get an apartment per month, I shouldn't have to worry about saving additional money. And it's all so confusing anyway. I've gone through the orientation and I still don't know what we're covered for and all that shit. And I'm told our coverage is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home