Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

St. Joseph, MO

Jukebox: Nothing

Had a great time in Omaha and even though I knew we'd be sitting in Omaha all day tomorrow with nothing to do, it was fine. Jeanne's friend, and our trucker-guy-to-ask, came over to the truck stop and hung out and gave us some really great tips and let me know what an idiot I am for not ever checking the wattage on our coffee maker to see if that was the reason it wasn't working. The most obvious thing and it never occurred to me.

So the next trip to Omaha I need to get a power inverter and get jumper cables and cut jumper cables to attach the non-battery touching side to the inverter. Then we'll have coffee and other stuff.

Left Omaha before "Arrested Development" Season 3 came in but at least I have something to look forward to next visit.

This visit, though very packed with stuff to do, was great. The wedding was good and was better because Shane and Andrea were there. Haven't seen them in months and at that time in years. They are getting married this coming Saturday so I have to get them something and make sure to hang with them next time we're here.

So after the wedding we looked at the receiving line and snuck around it and talked about how great it is that we don't have to wait in that line and we should get going to the reception now and start drinking. Then Kevin Jones found me and reminded me that I'm family now and I'm wanted for pictures. D'oh!

So an hour and a half later we got to the reception with a pricey bar. It was funny at first (as it always is to be in a nice place and see how ridiculously priced the drinks are, just because of that) but not after trying to get drinks and having to really, more than ever, budget your evening. I did manage to get a free drink.

The first night there was bad because Joe had this huge, half full bottle of Jack Daniels and took it to Charlie's for their post-rehearsal dinner party. I woke up the next morning not knowning where I was but realized I was at Joe's and apparently Headley had to help me in and, for his effort, got his pants ripped by Joe's dog.

Speaking of Joe's dog, the next morning, or day, I was fucked up much of the whole day. I had to force myself to puke and then eat. This is worth noting as I do not ever get hangovers. No matter how much I drink and how little sleep, I get them once a year or something. So after wasting a day getting myself together, we took Charlie's son Wes to see Ratatouille. Great movie.

There are too many good movies out right now that I want to see. Like Ocean's Thirteen, Live Free or Die Hard, Transformers, there were a couple more that I can't think of right now.

I hung out at Nate's place on Monday night with Head and Robert came later and Micek, who lives there, came home and hung out for a while after hanging out with Matt Stamp on his birthday. We just hung out for a little while and Nate was all happy about having a computer and just getting free music and made some discs to play on the stereo and I noticed a disc titled Klaus Nomi and asked about that.

Nate immediately took off the mix he was playing and put that on and Robert told me that I'd love it and did. Nate burned me a copy and it's definitely getting heavy rotation on my player.

Can't wait till next time in town as it's Justin's wedding and we get to see everybody at one place and just have fun. We have no appointments then so I'd like to hang with Shane and Andrea and Mike D. Speaking of, Mike D called yesterday to tell me that we (the Japanese) no longer hold the hot dog eating title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home