Email


No Train. No Life!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Youngstown, OH

As usual, whenever I read a book about something, I end up travelling to the place. This has been more apparent in my current situation as an over-the-road truck driver.

Recently I've been reading Joe Namath's biography and he's from Beaver Falls, PA and, since Youngstown, OH is thirty miles away, he mentions schools and other things from this area.

Anyway, I'm heading to Massachusettes for a delivery on Monday and messaged Jeff that i'll be in the area that I think they'll be in. Maybe can hook up.

I had only owned one Danzig album, which was Danzig III: How The Gods Kill and had not remembered the cover nor had I seen the covers of their other albums. I recently got their first two albums and looking through the photos I saw the blonde dude had a Black Flag tattoo on his arm. I looked at him again and said, "That's fucking Chuck Biscuits!"

I looked at the liner notes and it is. That's fucking awesome and weird. I had known him from Black Flag and the Live at the Roxy from Social Distortion, though I never known him for being in Danzig. I never even knew any members.

I had been wanting to hear Samhain and recently have been hittin myself over the head for not going to that show when I first moved to Cali that was Strife, Samhain, and Danzig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home