Email


No Train. No Life!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Record

Recently I've been listening to Beach Blvd and Fear's The Record and talk about misheard lyrics...

The tape was made by me via my ex-college roommate Nathan Kendig and though the Beach Blvd has a track listing, the Fear one doesn't. So I never really paid attention to most of Fear's lyrics aside "Let's Have a War," "Fuck Christmas," and two or three other ones, though I love every song on the album. But upon listening, sort of, to track two, I thought the song was called "Police Brutality," which from a Southern California hardcore punk band from the early 80's, wasn't that far off an assumption.

But then I started paying attention to the lyrics and noticed in the verses he says, "She don't like" something and start thinking of how a she turns into police or something. I just looked up the lyrics and here they are:

She don't like fashions, she don't like phonies
She don't like junkies, she don't like druggies
She just wants my beef baloney

Beef, beef, beef, beef balogna

She don't like salami, she don't want pastrami
She don't want a chicken, she don't want a roast
She just wants her double dose of my

Beef, beef, beef, beef balogna

I should say at this point, that I think the fucking Simpletones are aces!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home