Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kansas City, MO

There are many simple analogies that one could use to show the willful ignorance and just plain stupidity of people in this country and most things that they seem to believe in. The most recent thing that comes to mind is this Columbia University Q&A with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I was completely happy to hear that he actually was given a Q&A with the students and faculty and such because now you can hear, first hand, his views and opinions on many controversial things that he has said, or at least the Western media and our current administration has portrayed him to be and hearing his quotes and views out of context.

Now I hadn't made an opinion on him but I did think he was a crazy motherfucker and the Administration should treat him with a little more respect and try to get a cordial, professional dialogue going with him and not just disrespecting him and bullying him around which seemed to be the main reason for his despise for the US and the same thing with Hugo Chavez and that gave another alliance in the fight against the US. How was that making us safe?

Anyway, you hear all these people saying that he shouldn't speak and condemning the Columbia University president for even allowing him to speak. Fuck you guys! By that rationale, you are saying that there shouldn't be any trials because you can just get one person's story about a situation and make a judgement based on that. That's seems stupid doesn't it? It's no difference than this.

I still have yet to hear or read the full transcript of the Q&A but the one that I've heard, it already showed how a view on his opinion was completely way off. That being his Halocaust denial. I do need to read more about what he said but there were views against the Halocaust but it wasn't a denial there were just things that went against Israel and in support of the Palestinians and their injustice as a result of that and other political things.

I do want to hear from the opposition. Directly, if anything. I want the ignorance kicked out of me. I want to form an opinion and take a stance on things based on full knowledge of something.

Speaking of, you know Americans are with this whole Administration and war where if you question the President, you are un-patriotic and that he's our leader and (since he's a man of God it's always good vs. evil) you should back him, unquestionably, with anything he does, then you cannot hold the Nazis responsible for what they did. They were following their leader. If they questioned him, did that make them bad? Look at Schindler. He was very unpatriotic, wasn't he?

speaking of, I put in my two weeks with this company. I want to get a cooking job or local trucking job. I told my manager that if he can get me a dedicated contract, I'll stay. But as it stands, I don't want to be here anymore. As much as I try to work out (without cardiovasculars) and eat healthy (which is impossible no matter how hard you try, unless you have lots of money and time), I've gained much weight and am just digressing at an increasing rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home