Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kansas City, MO

So the truck isn't going to be ready until tomorrow so I am at a motel. I just showered and couldn't bring the DVD player because I stupidly left the plug-in adapter at home.

Of course there's nothing on. I stumbled upon "Extreme Makeovers," a show I haven't seen in years. And when I did see it, there was this fat girl from Omaha on it. So several years later and my second viewing of this show, there's another Omahan. I think we've got a problem here. This one wasn't fat, however.

So what do i end up watching? "Who's the Boss?" And there's another episode next. Then "the Wonder Years." This happened the last time I thought I needed cable. We got it and all I did was watch "Full House," "Family Matters," and "Step by Step.'

Today was rather uneventful. Just sitting at the damn terminal with other truckers watching bad TV and drinking bad coffee. Highlight, though, was Jeff was online and got to chat a bit. Also, he sent this fucking hilarious (gulp) Youtube vid of misheard lyrics to the tune of "Yellow Ledbetter." Funniest line was, "Make me fries."

I'm glad I'm getting off the truck. I get this way when I'm not in control of things where my self-confidence and everything goes to shit. I become very vulnerable and things like being alone, being in unfamiliar territory, and especially when it gets dark, overcast, all that...and when winter is around, that feeling grows exponentially.

I'm glad I didn't have to sit with popping-off-at-the-mouth truckers today. They were all pretty cool and we all watched and laughed through Gone in 60 Seconds. A very bad movie with guys I like but with a lead guy who happens to be the worst actor and, in real life, a fucking bad dresser.

They laughed at my jokes.

I think this is the episode with the bra with the bow on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home