Email


No Train. No Life!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chumps

Today my boss and I went down to Lincoln to the distributor's kitchen and distribution center to product taste and get tips and ask questions. I learned, though not surprised, of strategic menu planning as people's eyes are prone to look at certain places on the menu and those key places are usually what they order. Also, the places you put the price should be in areas where their eyes do not go to immediately.

I am happy to say that I am not of that demographic. Not that I'm too clever to not fall for something like that, but maybe because I don't have money and I try to keep my purchase within my budget. Also, I usually order the same thing. Also, when I don't order the same thing, I usually am craving it upon arriving there and know what I'm going to get. Also, I always look at what I think I'm going to get, but I do search the entire menu and then weed out my decisions to accomodate the cash flow.

Anyway, it was great and got some questions answered and everything worked out well. It's great to see how assertive my boss is. He's nice and all, but he doesn't beat around the bush and is quite forward but not aggresive. He, like me, doesn't like to hear how something's going wrong without some solution or suggestion at hand. Not necessarily (yes necessarily) the right one, but at least something. I always hate that and is my least favorite thing about being a manager when people can't figure things out on their own.

Those are the people I like to work for, especially in a restaurant environment; The ones who see something wrong and can figure it out or work around it without disrupting the flow as much as possible.

So I ordered two new records. The new Ben Weasel one which is limited vinyl that comes with a CD version (which is good since my stereo isn't hoooked up), and a Riverdales 12". I had not heard this one but I got it because I've been wanting to hear it and because the first Riverdales album (which I own on vinyl) is only on CD now and has been re-issued with a different cover, as the original one is out of print.

Got a new "Weasel Radio" to download tonight. Looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home