Email


No Train. No Life!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Maybe?!

Last night's "Weasel Radio" is off to a great start.

After wasting half a tank of gas applying to stupid places, feeling like a chump, I got a job. It's great because it's in Benson and it's closer and I love Benson.

The bad news is that Jim, Jane's husband from Jane's Health Market - of which I used to work, has been giving my current boss/great guy a hard time. I was going to talk to them and ask to work together, like ordering and other stuff, but I'm quite intimidated now.

The only thing I could pull together is that Jane and Jim's daughter now owns and runs Leo's Diner; However, current boss and boss' wife are friends with Jane and get along fine for the past how many years. Secondly, the type of place this is to be is in no way near what Leo's is trying to do. Not to mention, I know he's not trying to be competitive because he mentioned that he has a coffee machine and I asked if it was an espresso, as I have barista experience. He said no, it's just a coffee machine and that he wouldn't get an espresso machine because there's a new coffee shop two doors down and doesn't want to infringe on his business. Not only that, but he wants to put lattes and cappuccinos on the menues and if it gets ordered, he'll call them to make and bring over.

The great thing about this place is he wants a good vegetarian menu and altogehter wants a healthy menu and he wants me to create a menu. Also, because of aforementioned predicament, is having me come in to help get the place fixed up and create the menu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home