Email


No Train. No Life!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

"Black Coffee"

Just had breakfast at the Spirit Restaurant here in the motel. Ate there yesterday as well and I just have to give props out to the waitress there. On top of having extraodinary great coffee, she, being the only worker there, refilled me quite often. She also didn't have that faux, happy-to-serve-you-waitress-working-for-tip attitude. Even more on top of that, that let her more than deserve the 40% gratuity (which if I had more, I'd of tipped her more), she got me a coffee to go.

That's more service than you get at most other restaurants with more staff on hand. Granted, they were slow, but getting service like that at other places is pretty hard to come by, if at all.

Today she refilled me lots but I never got the to go one, but it was really busy and she's still the only one working, so we just went to the gas station for coffee. I still tipped her the same, because she was still right on.

So we're back in the room, got a paper, a great cup o' coffee, a book, some writing to do, and a new "Sopranos" tonight.

By the way, the Rollins "Uncut from NYC" is fucking great. It's one of those shows where he's good all the way through. He was on a roll. He busted on Wal-Mart a lot in a way I'd never thought of. Not totally that way, at least I have but have not been able to sum it up in a way to effectively get my argument across. Because he, like me, hates Wal-Mart on lots of levels that one could go on and on about. But he, like me, gives them business because it's the only place to go at all hours of the day, night, or morning, that you can get a big vehicle (he his tour bus, me our truck) and get provisions. But while shopping there, you notice different things about people working there, people shopping there, and mostly the type of stuff they sell there. Not going to spoil it for you, but it's definitely worth watching.

William Shatner's Has Been is fucking awesome. Hands down the best album I've heard in the past two years.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home